Friday, December 5, 2008

Art of Flattery

Relevant background info:
synes = think or feel in Norwegian
Laney regularly mixes Norwegian in with her English. Anyhoo. . .

Laney likes to give compliments. She adopts a very girlish, sweet tone and says, " I like you" or "you're pretty." Today, she told her father, "I like you best. And Mommy. And Nicky. I like all of you three." She was also in a kissy/huggy mood and gave them generously.

The other day, she pulled me close and whispered in my ear, "Mommy, I synes you're not stupid. I synes you're pretty."

Awww, kiddo. Sniff. Sniff. That's the best compliment ever.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Awwww!
-h

Anonymous said...

Write, Miki, please write.
I miss Norway.

-A half Croatian - half Bosnian born in a country that doesn't exist anymore who left her heart in Norway before moving to the US

Anonymous said...

No posts since Dec. 5? What gives? You just can't get this kind of entertainment on facebook!

My favorite Connorism is "Mommy, you're my feet (sweet) little princess."

That and, "Mom, did you do your sexercises at the playground today?" You know, cuz I exercise at the gym?

They are just too much!