Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Flies on the Wall

The kids and I were sitting out in the yard enjoying a beautiful spring day when I heard an obnoxious buzzing sound.

Flies. They've begun their buzzing, but this was a little louder than usual.

Upon closer inspection, I discovered it was two flies. Mating.

"Oh, no," I exclaimed. "Those flies are making baby flies!" I looked around to grasp something I could swat them with. If I could get them both, then I could prevent hundreds of flies from being born, perhaps hundreds of generations of flies even!

I needed something quick. A towel! Swat!

Dammit! I missed. (To my credit the naughty word stayed in my head.)

I sighed audibly and sat back down.

Nicky, who had been watching the excitement, asked, "Mommy, are those flies annoying because they are making babies?"

"Yes, very."

"Don't they know they shouldn't make babies? It is annoying to people."

Oh, honey. There are PEOPLE in the world that don't get that.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Very true!
-h

Suzette Saxton said...

I like your blog!

Miki said...

Hi, Suzette! Welcome! It is nice to see a new "face."