Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Who do you want to be?

Laney loves the movie Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses. Barbie is the best princess, of course, but I guess they had twelve so they could get in as many of hair color/eye color combinations as possible to appeal to little girls. One thing I don't understand is why there are eleven other sisters and Barbie gets to do everything.

In any case, the princesses are beautiful with brightly colored gowns and flowing hair.

Laney asked me, "What princess are you?" I decided I would be the one in the red dress, because she had dark hair like me.

"Which princess are you," I asked her, fully expecting her to say the 'pink' princess.

"I'm the cat."

Of the twelve beautiful princesses, Laney only wanted to be Barbie's cat Twila. Just when you think you've got them pegged. . .

No comments: