Sunday, April 13, 2008

Anime

I love the word anime. It's the Japanese word for animation. The Japanese adopted the English word, shortened it, then made it their own. They do this is a lot. A remote control is a ri-mo-kon. Now, anime has made its way back into the English vernacular meaning a very specific-type of animation -- namely a specific type of Japanese animation.

How's that for a boomerang effect? Pretty cool, huh?

If you're wondering why the heck I'm blogging about that, I just saw the new Britney video on YouTube where she was an anime character. I started thinking. . .I warned you about this. . . and the random thoughts flowed.

Here's the link, if you're interested. I feel a little guilty like I'm contributing to the pop wreckage. . .then again, most people have probably already seen it.

No comments: