Monday, April 7, 2008

Curse of the 80s

I know I can't be the only one with this affliction. I think it must be pretty common among my generation.

Seven and I were repainting our entry hallway this weekend, and as I made the long strokes of paint up and down, I could hear Mr. Miyagi in my head, "Up. Down. Paint the fence." Everytime I made a stroke, "Up. Down. Paint the fence." I couldn't get him to shut up.

Next thing I know, I was reliving the scene in my head where the Karate Kid gets so mad and confonts Mr. Miyagi and learns the true meaning behind "Wax on. Wax off."


Is there any other movie in film history that teaches us more about the meaning of life and house painting than the Karate Kid? I think not, my friends. I think not.

2 comments:

Shima said...

mmmmmm yes.... but in karate kid II we learn that heads bounce. Do you remember that? lol

Miki said...

Are you referring to the time we laughed maniacally every time we rewound the movie to where the girl got punched in the face? Over and over again. Yes, I remember that! I also remember "learning" that Okinawa had no ballet schools or color tv. How is it now? Still riding around in ox-drawn carriage, are you?