Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mommy's also a snappy dresser. Um, no. No, she's not.

One might think, reading the last post, that I'm equally conscientious of my own clothing.

One would be wrong. It's the exact opposite. I look like poo-poo most days and am in desperate need of a wardrobe update. I dress my kids like dolls to fill that empty void inside.

The worst of it is that sometimes I think I look nice. I get dressed and think, "That's not too bad." Then I'll see a picture or something and think, "That can't be ME? I thought that top looked nice on me."

It's awful to be delivered painful blows like that on a regular basis. I have stopped buying clothes for myself. Instead, I buy way too many clothes for my kids.

Hey, if I looked like Heidi Klum does after popping out baby after baby, this blog would be all about me, honey --me and my killer post-baby abs. Picture after picture. You would read that, too, right? I could have posts like:

"Oh, look! Me doing the dishes in a short skirt."
"There I am again, lounging casually on the beach in a small bikini."
"Life is so hard for a woman with such a perfect ass."
"Kids? I have kids?"

2 comments:

jamibear said...

lmao!

Miki said...

Hey, Jami! It's nice to 'see' you here!