Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hi, I'm Miki

And I'm a Coke addict.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the brown liquidy stuff and not the white powdery variety.

I wanted some Coke, but the kids aren't allowed to drink it (except on rare occasions). I was craving a little and had to have it right then. It was early in the afternoon, and I couldn't wait until they were in bed. That would be HOURS away, many long hours away. I poured my Coke into a coffee cup so the kids wouldn't see it. They'd assume it was coffee and would leave me alone.

Wait. Isn't that what people with real drinking problems do? They put their very own special brand of 'coffee' into a coffee mug so no one will ask questions.

It's a slippery slope, my friends.

One day, it's Coke in the coffee mug. Then you walk into your bedroom to find your newly folded laundry scattered all over the floor, because the kids decided to jump on the bed. The next day Jack Daniels just pours itself in. . .

No comments: